SPA Girls Podcast – EP277 – Answering Newbie Questions
Today we’re responding to questions from listeners who are just starting their self-publishing journey. From earning expectations to how to learning “All The Things” and being overwhelmed, we’ve got you covered!
Some of questions answered:
- What type of writing SHOULD I focus on? Is genre important for good earnings?
- Are my expectations realistic? How am I going to support myself during this process? How much can I expect to earn?
- What do I have to know about self-publishing, there’s so much to learn! Can I just write and pay someone else to do the rest?
- How do I build a platform? What even IS a platform?
- What’s the one piece of advice you’d give someone starting out today?
Remember, every single step of self-publishing is covered here on the podcast in detail – make sure to search on our website www.SPAGirlsPodcast.com for the topic, and the episodes will come right up.
Facebook group mentioned is Author Support Network by Marie Force: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1020661671348562
David Gaughran’s excellent post about vanity publishers is here: https://davidgaughran.com/vanity-press-media-author-solutions/
YES! It’s true – the SPA Girls will be launching an online Get Started Self-Publishing Course in the next few months. Make sure to sign up for our newsletter and you’ll be the first to know when it launches: http://www.selfpublishingauthorspodcast.com/join/
✔️ Subscribe to our free weekly newsletter with tips and resources for self-publishing authors http://www.selfpublishingauthorspodcast.com/join/
✔️ You’ll find all the show notes and SPA Girls podcast episodes at: http://www.selfpublishingauthorspodcast.com/
✔️ Watch episode recordings on YouTube @ http://www.youtube.com/c/SPAGirlsPodcast
✔️ Join us on Facebook and Twitter @SPAGirlsPodcast