How to Get Support From a Partner or Loved One (or My Partner Doesn’t Support My Writing)
Getting the support of your spouse or significant other can make the difference between success and failure when becoming a career author. Discover how to set expectations and boundaries while honoring the relationship.
The Career Author Podcast is a podcast where co-authors J. Thorn and Zach Bohannon share their struggles and successes as full-time authors, advice for improving your writing craft, and honest discussions of what it takes to build a successful career as an author.
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- How to determine what kind of support you need.
- Options for having the conversation with your significant other or loved one.
- Ways to be reasonable when you ask for support.
- Why you should take your ego out of the equation when deciding the kind of support you need.
- How to barter for time or compromise in ways when everybody wins.
- How supporting your partner’s passions or hobbies can be beneficial to you.
- Why it’s important to check in periodically to make sure the arrangement is still working for everyone.
- Ways to appreciate the people in your life who support your creativity.
Also, discover why writing your first draft quickly is the best approach when working on your novel.
Send us your ways and hacks – https://thecareerauthor.com/waysandhacks/
When faced with an opportunity, how do you decide to take it or not? Comment at thecareerauthor.com.
Thanks to new Patrons – Seth Rain, James S. Aaron (upped pledge)
Podcast sponsored by Kobo Writing Life – https://writinglife.kobobooks.com
Get exclusive bonus content by supporting The Career Author Podcast on Patreon at www.patreon.com/thecareerauthor
Want to work with us? Get the details at https://thecareerauthor.com/services/
The September Giveaway is up now! – http://www.thecareerauthor.com
The Career Author YouTube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmIYVcr1UdWgSvYpb3Ol3xg
Three Story Method – http://threestorymethod.com
Molten Universe Media – http://www.moltenuniversemedia.com
Events – https://thecareerauthor.com/events/
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.