69: Fringe Highlight: How To Market And Promote Your Travel Memoir
Ep#69: This week we’re showcasing the session “How to Market & Promote your Travel Memoir – 1:1 Interviews with Travel Writers hosted by Jay Artale”.
Jay interviews a trio of successful travel writing authors who have self-published covering the following topics:
- Hybrid Author Jack Scott: How to use your blog content to write and promote your book.
- Indie Author Karen McCann: The importance of defining your audience and how you use your blog to attract your target demographic.
- Indie Author Joe Cawley: The benefit of Collaboration: Cross-promoting with other authors.
Topics Covered in this Fringe Highlight Session:
- Using your blog to write and promote your book.
- Defining your angle.
- Getting mileage out of your blog content.
- Using blog content to create freebies.
- Using competitions to reach new readers.
- Blogging a book.
- Evolving from blogger to author.
- Guest blogging.
- Building your audience.
- Starting a blog.
- Avoid over promoting your book.
- Making it easy for readers to buy your book.
- The importance of defining your audience.
- Using your blog to attract readers.
- Blogging in the moment.
- 3 things your blog audience wants.
- Dialogue vs. a monologue with your readers.
- Developing your brand.
- Advice for new travel writers.
- Building an audience connection.
- The benefit of collaboration.
- Cross-promoting with other authors.
Our weekly Self-Publishing Advicebroadcast is brought to you by ALLi, the Alliance of Independent Authors. This Indie Author Fringe Highlight is one of four regular shows, which include an ALLi Member Q&A, a beginners’ salon and an advanced self-publishing salon. Find more author advice, tips and tools at our self-publishing advice center, www.selfpublishingadvice.org. And, if you haven’t already, we invite you to join our organization and become a self-publishing ally. You can do that at www.allianceindependentauthors.org. If you’re not familiar with our Fringe event, it’s three-times a year, online conference for self-publishing authors, brought to you by the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi), and fringe to the major global publishing fairs; London Book Fair, BookExp, and Frankfurt Book Fair. ALLi brings together the most up-to-date self-publishing education and information available and broadcasts it to authors everywhere. Running 24 sessions over 24 continuous hours allows our members, and other authors round the globe, to attend sessions, no matter where they’re located. For more information, visit our Conference Home Page. Now, go write and publish. Host Bio:
Jay Artale is a project manager who swapped corporate life for a nomadic existence as a non-fiction writer. She’s written and self-published a series of travel guides, travel writing books, and poetry collections. Jay is also one of the co-organizers of the Indie Author Fringe, an online conference for indie authors who self-publish. Connect with Jay on Twitter: @BirdsOAFPress