57: Advanced Self-Publishing Salon with Orna Ross & Joanna Penn July 2017
Ep#57: Welcome to Ask ALLi, the Self-Publishing Advice Podcast from the Alliance of Independent Authors. In a monthly salon type discussion, Orna Ross, Director of the Alliance of Independent Authors and Joanna Penn, of TheCreativePenn.com, talk about the latest tools and trends of interest to emerging and experienced self-publishing authors.
Topics discussed this week include:
- Orna Judging the Amazon Storyteller competition
- AskALLi’s Getting your Self-Publishing Book into Bookstores publication update
- The new AskALLi Broadcast schedule and presenter changes
- Working with a writing coach
- Creative non-fiction techniques
- New book covers and Go Creative logos
- A summary of the Dublin Writers Conference
- How to Market a Book Third Edition publication schedule from Joanna
- Using dictation to improve punctuation
- How the length of your manuscript impacts audiobook sales
- Audiobook news from Draft2Digital
- ACX global updates
- Vanity Publishing discussion
- IPR License and Rights
- Multi-Currency pricing at PublishDrive
- Amazon’s new smartphone.
Our weekly Self-Publishing Advice broadcast is brought to you by ALLi, the Alliance of Independent Authors. This Advanced Self-Publishing Salon is one of four regular shows, which include an ALLi Member Q&A, a beginners’ salon and a special guest highlight presentation from the Indie Author Fringe, ALLi’s free online author conference.
Find more author advice, tips and tools at our self-publishing advice center, www.selfpublishingadvice.org. And, if you haven’t already, we invite you to join our organization and become a self-publishing ally. You can do that at www.allianceindependentauthors.org.
Now, go write and publish.
About the Hosts
Joanna Penn is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling thriller author, as well as writing non-fiction for authors. She is also a professional speaker and entrepreneur, voted as one of The Guardian UK Top 100 creative professionals 2013. She spent 13 years as a business IT consultant in large corporations across the globe before becoming a full-time author-entrepreneur in September 2011. Connect with Joanna on Twitter @thecreativepenn
Orna Ross launched the Alliance of Independent Authors at the London Book Fair in 2012. Her work for ALLi has seen her named as one of The Bookseller’s “100 top people in publishing”. She also publishes poetry, fiction and nonfiction, and is greatly excited by the democratising, empowering potential of author-publishing. Connect with Orna on Twitter @OrnaRoss