286: An Inside Look at a Romantic Suspense Series – Interview with Marie Force
Hey there word nerds! Today, I have the pleasure of interviewing Marie Force.
Marie is the New York Times, USA TODAY and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of more than seventy contemporary romances, including the Fatal Series. Thirty of her books have been New York Times bestsellers, and she has sold more than nine million books worldwide.
Today we’ll be discussing book #15 in the Fatal series—Fatal Accusation—and the craft of putting together a romantic suspense series.
In this episode Marie and I discuss:
- How a news story inspired the Fatal series
- Building a romance series around one couple
- The difference between romance with suspense and romantic suspense
- Managing writing multiple series at once
- Balancing indie and traditional publishing
Plus, her #1 tip for writers
For more info and shownotes: www.diymfa.com/286