184: Your Author Career Strategy – Interview with Kat Martin
Hey there word nerds!
Today I am so excited to have bestselling author Kat Martin on the show!
Kat is the author of sixty-eight historical and contemporary romantic suspense novels, and with over sixteen million copies of her books in print in twenty countries outside the US, you could say Kat knows a thing or two about building a long-term career as an author.
The first book of her most recent series The Texas Trilogy, also known as the Beyond— series, Beyond Reason, received a coveted starred review from Publisher’s Weekly. The second installment, Beyond Danger, hit shelves on January 30, 2018, and the third, Beyond Control, is coming in June 2018.
Listen in as we chat about not only Kat’s latest series, but the strategic decisions she made on her career path to bestselling author.
In this episode Kat and I discuss:
- How to keep yourself motivated in the early days of your writing career.
- Knowing when to say goodbye, how to change agents and publishers.
- Who owns the rights? What to look for in contracts.
- Matching your writing pace to the voracious romance reader without going crazy.
- Kat’s tips for staying in control of your series.
Plus, Kat’s #1 tip for writers.
For more info and show notes: DIYMFA.com/184