119: Choosing the Right Pricing Strategy: AskALLi Beginners’ Self-Publishing Salon November 2018
Welcome to AskALLi, the self-publishing advice podcast from the Alliance of Independent Authors. This week it’s our monthly beginners’ self-publishing salon with advice, tips, and tools for indie authors just starting out.
Topics discussed this week include:
- Jyotsna co-authored a book with 23 other authors called Write and Grow Rich, which is now a best-seller.
- What is the right price for an ebook? $9.99? $2.99? $0.99? Free?
- How much will KDP and Kobo pay in royalties and for which price points?
- What does “permafree” mean and why do authors do it?
- How do countdown deals work in Amazon KDP Select?
- What is the price for paperback bookstore distribution?
Find more author advice, tips and tools at our Self-publishing Author Advice Center: https://selfpublishingadvice.org, with a huge archive of nearly 2,000 blog posts, and a handy search box to find key info on the topic you need.
And, if you haven’t already, we invite you to join our organization and become a self-publishing ally. You can do that at http://allianceindependentauthors.org.
Now, go write and publish!
About the Hosts
Jyotsna Ramachandran is the founder of Happy Self Publishing and author of the international bestseller Job Escape Plan.
Tim Lewis is the author of three time-travel novellas in the Timeshock series and three fantasy novels in the Magpies and Magic series under his full name of Timothy Michael Lewis. He is the host of the Begin Self-Publishing Podcast and is currently working on the book Social Media Networking- a guide to using social media to find your dream job, find love and boost your travel experience.