111: The Latest News in Author-Publishing: AskALLi Advanced Self-Publishing Salon September 2018
In this month’s Advanced Self-Publishing Salon from the Alliance of Independent Authors, Orna Ross and Joanna Penn discuss the latest news in author-publishing, including the latest publishing trends and opportunities.
Topics discussed this week include
- ALLi is getting ready for Digital Book World and its online advice conference.
- ALLi is in the middle of its Self-Publishing 3.0 campaign.
- Joanna is finishing Valley of Dry Bones.
- What’s it like to co-write with your mom?
- Orna launching two books: poetry and GoCreative!
- What about Foreign Rights Deals? Is that significant income?
- CreateSpace is being rolled into KDP Print. What does it mean?
- Walmart partners with Kobo. How does this impact authors?
- How many platforms should you use?
Find more author advice, tips and tools at our self-publishing advice center, http://selfpublishingadvice.org. And, if you haven’t already, we invite you to join our organization and become a self-publishing ally. You can do that at http://allianceindependentauthors.org.
Now, go write and publish!
About the Hosts
Joanna Penn is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling thriller author, as well as writing non-fiction for authors. She is also a professional speaker and entrepreneur, voted as one of The Guardian UK Top 100 creative professionals 2013. She spent 13 years as a business IT consultant in large corporations across the globe before becoming a full-time author-entrepreneur in September 2011. For more information about Joanna, visit her website: http://thecreativepenn.com
Orna Ross launched the Alliance of Independent Authors at the London Book Fair in 2012. Her work for ALLi has seen her named as one of The Bookseller’s “100 top people in publishing”. She also publishes poetry, fiction and nonfiction, and is greatly excited by the democratising, empowering potential of author-publishing. For more information about Orna, visit her website: http://www.ornaross.com