108: How Do I Get Well-Known Authors to Endorse My Book? AskALLi Members’ Q&A August 2018
Welcome to AskALLi, the Self-Publishing Advice Podcast from the Alliance of Independent Authors. This week it’s our monthly Member Q&A where ALLi Members’ have their most pressing self-publishing questions analyzed and answered. Join your regular hosts for the Member Q&A: Michael La Ronn and Dan Blank.
Questions this month include
- How do I get other well-known authors to endorse my books?
- How do I build relationships with other authors?
- Is there a standard form and/or process for setting an embargo date when sending out ARCs for reviews?
- I’d like to translate my book. How would I go about that
- Crowdfunding my book: should I do it?
- What tools can I use to format my book for ebook and paperback formats?
- If I copy-edit my book, do I need a proofreader as well? What about apps like Grammarly for proofreading?
- Do middle-grade readers prefer to read ebooks or paperbacks?
Find more author advice, tips and tools at our Self-publishing Author Advice Center: https://selfpublishingadvice.org, with a huge archive of nearly 2,000 blog posts, and a handy search box to find key info on the topic you need.
And, if you haven’t already, we invite you to join our organization and become a self-publishing ally. You can do that at http://allianceindependentauthors.org.
Now, go write and publish!
About the Hosts
Michael La Ronn is the author of over 30 books of science fiction & fantasy and authors self-help books. His books include the Galaxy Mavericks series and Modern Necromancy series.
Dan Blank is the founder of WeGrowMedia, where he helps writers and artists share their stories and grow their audience. He is the author of the book “Be the Gateway: A Practical Guide to Sharing Your Creative Work and Engaging an Audience.”