062: From Concept to Bookshelf – Interview with Kim Liggett
Hey Word Nerds! Today’s episode is going to be so awesome because I’m talking to debut author Kim Liggett, a fabulous YA author and good friend. Her book, Blood and Salt, is out now, and in this episode she and I chat about taking this project from concept to bookshelf.
In this episode Kim and I discuss:
- World-building, sensory detail, and creative descriptions.
- Having an obsession and using it to fuel your writing.
- Organizing the plot to build suspense, with shifting timelines and surprise reveals.
- Navigating the revision and edit process to get the best result.
- Creative promotion for books.
Plus her #1 tip for writers.
For more info and show notes: DIYMFA.com/062